Saturday, March 5, 2011

Best Way To Distribute A Magazne

KAWASAKI Z 1000 1100 KAWASAKI GPZ

now I have decided, the story of Penny - the Guzzi 850 - it's time to end, too many years I have started work and now I can not wait to put it on the street.
At first glance I thought to mount on a windshield but the idea of \u200b\u200bleaving bare fascinates me more.
will be a second or third bike and I'll use only occasionally for which protection is fundamental aerodynamics.
travel and commuting will make them with the VFR 800 that I brought home a few days ago.
I've got a few dozen euro a beacon round from V11 and now I need the mounting brackets.
Well, you say, just go to the first retailer of aftermarket accessories and is a done deal.
Well, I assure you it is not so simple.
Batto the province without any result.
The Custom House have closed, there is a crisis and people do not spend more as a time for the same reason, retailers no longer stock.
The last stage of my Way of the Cross takes me to a shop / dealer cars and motorcycles in my hometown.
Mauro, the owner, tells me she does not have but maybe can help me giving me those of a Kawasaki Z 1000 he removed to make a racing bike for endurance races for classic motorcycles. We chat for a
bit 'and decides to let me see.
The bike is sitting on the bench still being finalized.
Aggressive.
There are other adjectives.

aggressive, rough-looking right and effective. Kawa 900
Frame, fork and wheels and brakes from the 80 Suzuki, Kawasaki beautiful BITUBO origin of 1000 (the one with the shaft drive them fitted as standard), four in a brutal and so many little touches in aluminum scattered throughout the bike. Mauro
them is constructed by only using a small lathe that looks great if the side of the bike.
Brackets the front calipers, shock absorbers lower supports, platforms and on plates, brackets to the hull ... all home made.











Alone, with fiberglass, has also built the shell and tail.
shot to the heart, for someone like me who has always loved the endurance classic, the strip of fiberglass is left without coating on one side of the tank to check fuel level.










The proverbial Kawa period of instability at high rate was largely due to the swing arm too short.
Now instead of the original swing arm there is another, even this self-made, rectangular section steel more than a few centimeters.
The resulting increase in pitch was recovered by reducing the progress of the fork tubes.
Now the bike promises to be more stable and more responsive.
wait to see it on the track.

0 comments:

Post a Comment